There’s been a plethora of posts by various people over the past few days. This seems like a natural time to assess the past year if you’ve been in the game, and to plan out next year’s strategy (or in some of your cases, first plunge). Generally, everyone has focused on the Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Premier Rewards Gold card, and the AMEX SPG card as part of their past and future strategies. Enjoy the links below, they all contain very useful and valuable information! As always, with any of these promotions and/or credit cards, do your research, and feel free to send me questions or post on flyertalk/milepoint in the appropriate places.
- The Points Guy reviewing his travel and miles collecting year
- Mommy Points with a review of 2011 and goals for 2012
- Mommy Points with a tally of all the points she’s collected the past year
- Frugal Travel Guy with a possible 2012 credit card churning schedule for miles – Highly recommended post for beginners
- Lucky on 2012 credit card spend strategy
- The Points Guy answers a question about cancelling credit cards
- The Points Guy also with posts about current credit card inventory and about future credit card applications
- Mommy Points with a post about maximizing your regular credit card spend, aimed at those of us who don’t have tons of business-related/reimbursable expenses to put on credit cards, but only our regular income.
Wow I think that’s it…I didn’t quite realize how many links there would be to post. I think with all the information being generated, the main message is to review all of the credit cards and spending strategies that are popular now, and then to start applying and get in the game! It’s a New Year’s resolution for all of you without one thus far 🙂